Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Update

Happy Valentine's Day!

Lauri's sister is expecting a baby girl shortly, as I mentioned the other day, and she gave me a quilt to finish for this new girlie who is due next month. This is a very feminine version of the black, white and red visually stimulating things you see in the stores.

Maybe it's that Valentine's Day is just around the corner, or maybe it's the prospect of a sweet little girl, but I was inspired to quilt double hearts all over the surface.

This was followed up by finishing up the quilt for the auction at the school that Sharon's daughter attends. To echo the pattern printed on the background fabric, I quilted the blue parts with Dr. Seuss feathers. By request, I did not quilt in the blocks where the children drew. Since we used Warm & White batting, you can quilt up to 8" apart without any worries of shifting or bearding.

Sorry it's upside down. I goofed in loading it, and now it's stubbornly staying upside down. Some day I'll figure out this blog editing thing.

I have to get back to work--I have one more quilt to finish before Monday!

Keep on quilting!
Karen, Ye Merrie Quilter

No comments: